Great date, amazing conversation, and no follow-up? Find out the five reasons he isn’t calling….
We all have been there. You meet someone and immediately click – its as if all those Hollywood movies came to life! A great date ensues, filled with fun conversation and some pretty tangible chemistry. After a kiss goodnight, you both part ways and he promises to call you to set up the next epic event. What follows next is crickets…. You start spontaneously checking your voicemail to see ifyour cell phone is on the fritz, you replay your date in your head wondering if you missed something, and you start wondering if there is something wrong with you. Here are five reasons why your phone may not be ringing:
1. He is busy. If it has only been 1-4 days, relax. You don’t know him well enough to know his schedule. He might have a ridiculous amount of work or some other majorly time consuming event that is keeping him from calling. Could he send a text to let you know that? Sure. But we are talking about guys here.
2. He has unfinished business. People are constantly coming in and out of relationships, “situations”, or whatever other name that you call your involvement. He may have some loose strings that need to be tied up before he can get involved with someone as amazing as you. It doesn’t mean it’s never going to happen, it just means that he might need some time before you re-enact the last scene from 16 Candles.
3. He thinks he should wait. Guys are just like us, they are afraid of getting hurt. Even the toughest ones might think twice before blowing up your phone right after an amazing date. He could be afraid of letting you know that he likes you and wants to play the game to stay safe.
4. He’s into games. There are guys out there that just aren’t ready for a real connection. He might have had fun, but it was the fun of the chase. Maybe he got burned in the past and is taking out his revenge on the female race. Not cool, but it happens. It’s helpful to believe in karma in these situations.
5. He isn’t feeling it. You might have felt and amazing connection, but his feelings just aren’t on par. It’s cool. He clearly just didn’t realize what a kickass person you are. Move on and wish him
a lifetime of misery nothing but the best.
The moral of the story is if he is into you, he will call you. It might not be within 24 hours of your kiss goodbye, but he will call. If it has been 10 days or more, move on.